Aliens of Extraordinary Ability
The immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates help qualified foreign nationals who demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics to obtain EB-1 work visas. Foreign nationals and their U.S.-based employers rely on our experienced attorneys for comprehensive immigration-related legal advice and assistance. To obtain the EB-1 work visa on the basis of an extraordinary ability, your achievements must be widely recognized in your field and extensively documented. An offer of employment is not required when the petitioner’s extraordinary ability can be sufficiently demonstrated.
A foreign national seeking EB-1 status must demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclamation. You must provide comprehensive documentation of achievements in at least three of these areas (or evidence of a substantial one-time achievement such as a Pulitzer, Oscar, or Olympic Medal):
- Nationally or internationally recognized awards or prizes for excellence in the field
- Membership in associations which demand outstanding achievement in the field
- Published material about you in professional publications or other major media
- Experience judging others’ work in the field, either individually or as part of a panel
- Original contributions of major significance to the field
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional publications or other major media
- Work displayed at important artistic exhibitions or showcases
- A leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- Significantly high remuneration compared to others in the field
- Commercial successes in the performing arts
At Sam Shihab & Associates, our immigration practice includes legal assistance with business and employment immigration and with investor and work visas. Our experienced immigration lawyers offer guidance in all matters pertaining to immigration and naturalization, visas, business, and employment. We help aliens of extraordinary ability through the EB-1 visa application process from beginning to end, no matter where in the world you are located. Contact the experienced immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates by phone or by email today to discuss your specific immigration needs and options.