Columbus Business Immigration Attorney

columbus business immigration attorney

The United States provides several immigration options for businesses operating within its borders. While you’ll find this short introduction useful, you’ll need to consult with the experienced business immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates to determine the options most appropriate for you and your business. Our immigration lawyers assist with business and employment immigration and with trader, investor, and professional work visas. The experienced immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates routinely provide clients with sound advice regarding the many available work visa categories. We are the immigration attorneys that clients around the globe rely on for comprehensive immigration-related legal services.


Immigrants may be eligible to work in the U.S. as permanent residents; employer sponsorship is sometimes required. You’ll need help from an experienced immigration attorney to obtain any of the visas listed here. A permanent work visa falls into one of five “preference” categories:

  • EB-1 Priority Workers: Foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational corporate managers and executives.
  • EB-2 Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability
  • EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers
  • EB-4 Special Immigrants (charity or religious workers)
  • EB-5 Investor Immigrants

Temporary non-immigrant visas are also available to those who want or need to work in the U.S. for a defined, short period of time. Healthcare workers, athletes, artists, scholars, professionals, and business persons are eligible. You’ll need help from a good immigration lawyer to obtain one of these visas as well. Non-immigrant work visas include:

  • O-1 (Extraordinary Ability), for those with extraordinary abilities in business, education, athletics, science, the arts, or film and television production.
  • L-1 (Intra-Company Transfers), allows companies to transfer to the U.S. workers in executive, managerial, and “special knowledge” positions.
  • H-1B (Specialty Occupations), allows foreign nationals to work up to six years in specialty occupations in the U.S. Requires a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
  • B-1 (Temporary Visitor for Business), allows foreign nationals to visit the U.S. on business but does not allow them to work in the U.S. for U.S.-based employers.


Immigrating to the United States is always complicated. Sam Shihab & Associates help professionals and their employers choose the right options by providing seasoned legal counsel and representation. No matter where you are located, contact the experienced immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates by phone or email today to discuss your specific visa needs and options.