Columbus Business Immigration Lawyers

columbus business immigration attorney

The United States provides several immigration options for businesses operating within its borders. While you’ll find this short introduction useful, you’ll need to consult with the experienced business immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates to determine the options most appropriate for you and your business.

Our immigration lawyers assist with all business as well as employment immigration issues, and we can help you obtain your trader, investor, or professional work visas. Our dedicated team of immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates consistently provides clients with sound advice regarding the many available work visa categories. We are the business immigration attorneys that clients from all corners of the globe seek out when in need of any legal service regarding immigration matters.


Immigrants may be eligible to work in the U.S. as permanent residents; employer sponsorship is sometimes required. You’ll need help from an experienced immigration attorney to obtain any of the visas listed here. A permanent work visa falls into one of five “preference” categories:

  • EB-1 Priority Workers: Foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational corporate managers and executives.
  • EB-2 Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability
  • EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers
  • EB-4 Special Immigrants (charity or religious workers)
  • EB-5 Investor Immigrants

Temporary non-immigrant visas are also available to those who want or need to work in the U.S. for a defined, short period of time. Healthcare workers, athletes, artists, scholars, professionals, and business persons are eligible. You’ll need help from a good immigration lawyer to obtain one of these visas as well. Non-immigrant work visas include:

  • O-1 (Extraordinary Ability), for those with extraordinary abilities in business, education, athletics, science, the arts, or film and television production.
  • L-1 (Intra-Company Transfers), allows companies to transfer to the U.S. workers in executive, managerial, and “special knowledge” positions.
  • H-1B (Specialty Occupations), allows foreign nationals to work up to six years in specialty occupations in the U.S. Requires a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
  • B-1 (Temporary Visitor for Business), allows foreign nationals to visit the U.S. on business but does not allow them to work in the U.S. for U.S.-based employers.


Whether you’re a foreign professional or an US-based employer looking to hire foreign workers, dealing with all the specifics surrounding the U.S. immigration law can seem like a daunting task. Our well-rounded and skilled attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates will represent you to the best of their abilities and will help you take the best legal paths, according to your particular situation. Our team can meet with you in a variety of locations and if you’re located far away from our local offices, you can always contact us by phone or email.  The team at Sam Shihab & Associates will be totally available to answer all your questions and discuss all the legal options at your disposal, regarding any immigration-related issues.

I had a very good experience with Sam Shihab team for my work visa approval. They are very much dedicated and knowledgeable with the visa process. They explained the process clearly, gathered all necessary information and reviewed everything thoroughly before submitting the documents for approval. I would recommend them for visa & immigration process. – Bala Vignesh J