Columbus Immigration Waivers Attorney

columbus immigration waivers (i-601) attorney

A foreign national can be deemed “inadmissible” to the United States for a variety of reasons. But if you’ve been classified as inadmissible, it’s still possible in some cases to enter or remain in the United States. If a close relative is a citizen or a permanent U.S. resident, and your inadmissibility creates a hardship for that relative, the experienced immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates can help you apply for an I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. It’s a complicated application and an arduous process, but it’s just one of the many immigration-related legal services we provide to our foreign national clients.


To qualify for an I-601 waiver, you must offer proof that your absence will cause your citizen-relative or resident-relative to suffer a severe personal hardship. In most cases, the citizen-relative or resident-relative must be a spouse, parent, or child. Our knowledgeable immigration lawyers can help you understand the I-601 petition and process; determine your eligibility; and demonstrate to the government why you should be granted a waiver of inadmissibility.

Since 2013, the I-601A (Provisional Waiver of Unlawful Presence) provides a second option option to those deemed inadmissible. However, the I-601A does not waive other grounds of inadmissibility such as a previous criminal record. Additionally, the relative facing the hardship must be a spouse or parent (not a child) and a citizen (not a permanent resident). The immigration attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates can determine if the I-601A may or may not be appropriate for you. If you have previously been deported or removed, contact us for assistance with Form I-212 (Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States).


Immigrating to the United States is undoubtedly a complex process, but our attorneys at Sam Shihab & Associates can definitely help you. Whether you’re a foreign professional or an employer willing to hire foreign workers, we can provide you with solid legal counsel and representation. It doesn’t matter where you’re located – simply contact our experienced immigration attorneys by either phone or email, and we’ll get started discussing your case and your particular needs.