Table of Contents
Aliens of Extraordinary Ability (Eb-1 Immigrants)
U.S. Immigration Law provides that foreign professionals who can demonstrate extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics are eligible to obtain EB-1 immigrant status. Those granted EB-1 immigrant status become lawful permanent residents of the United States (green card holders) who are eligible to stay in the country indefinitely. EB-1 immigrant status is highly desirable in that it allows immigration to the U.S. far quicker relative to some other categories.
To obtain EB-1 immigrant status on the basis of an extraordinary ability, your achievements must be widely recognized in your field and extensively documented. An offer of employment is not required when the petitioner’s extraordinary ability can be sufficiently demonstrated.
Demonstrating Extraordinary Ability
A foreign national seeking EB-1 status must demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclamation. You must provide comprehensive documentation of achievements in at least three of these areas (or evidence of a substantial one-time achievement such as a Pulitzer, Oscar, or Olympic Medal):
- Nationally or internationally recognized awards or prizes for excellence in the field;
- Membership in associations which demand outstanding achievement in the field;
- Published material about you in professional publications or other major media;
- Experience judging others’ work in the field, either individually or as part of a panel;
- Original contributions of major significance to the field;
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional publications or other major media;
- Work displayed at important artistic exhibitions or showcases;
- A leading or critical role in distinguished organizations;
- Significantly high remuneration compared to others in the field;
- Commercial successes in the performing arts.
The attorneys of Sam Shihab & Associates can assist you in documenting the above criteria and presenting them to U.S. immigration officials in the context of an I-140 Immigrant Petition in the Aliens of Extraordinary Ability (EB-1) category.
Hire an Experienced Aliens Of Extraordinary Ability Attorney
Sam Shihab & Associates has experience in Aliens of Extraordinary Ability (EB1-) I-140 Petitions. We help Aliens of Extraordinary Ability through the EB-1 immigration process from beginning to end, no matter where in the world you are located.
Let us help you with your immigration-related needs. Feel free to reach out to our experienced attorneys today by simply calling one of our offices or by sending an email.